on January


I accidentally remember this photograph. Once my little brother used to upload this and tag me on my Facebook acount. It was such a surprise when I found this photo 'again'. Hahaha... counting the candles on the cake, it should be my seventh birthday. That was how a birthday used to be in our home. Our mother cooked some special menu and never forgot the one that has always been being my favourite: black forest. :)

Having everything ready on the table, we would be sitting around and said a prayer. Afterward, everyone would greet me happy birthday. Actually, I have never demand any present from our family. However, in several random years they gave me some things which were intended to be presents.

I never wanted to have any party for my birthday. I never invited anyone to come on that day. It was always comfortable to celebrate it by giving thanks to God with this small lovely family.

What's funny in this photograph is that only my eyes that were looking straight to the camera. My older brother's (on my right) were looking at the cake. The younger one (on my left) was staring at the rice. All of us just realized it 13 years after this was taken. I nagged. They laughed. It was fun. :)

Well, I am 21 now. This is the very first year when birthday was not like what it used to be. But, it's really fine. There is nothing to complain. I found the underlying theme of my birthday: simplicity. :)


feeling january :)

Komentar

Postingan Populer